What is On-Page SEO?
Ever thought about what is On-Page SEO and why it is so important for your online business?
Can’t understand how On-Page SEO works and need a simple explanation in a few words?
Read our “What is On-Page SEO ” Content Bite Blogpost and learn in less than 800 words all you need to know about On-Page SEO, why it is crucial, and how it works!
(Bonus: Keep reading and find out 9+1 actionable SEO tips that will help you get more organic traffic in 2022)
On-Page SEO definition in digital marketing
On-Page SEO (also known as On-Site SEO) is the process of optimizing individual web pages to boost their search engine rankings and generate more relevant traffic. In contrast to popular opinion, On-Page SEO is much more than simply injecting keywords into a piece of content.
On-Page SEO refers to all the strategies that aim to optimize the elements of your website to catapult it to the top of the SERPs, generate new leads and attract potential buyers, while ultimately providing a smooth user experience.
How On-Page SEO works
Essentially, On-Page SEO enhances web page visibility in the SERPs by improving the website’s components. It employs specialized strategies such as SEO audit and SEO copywriting, to enrich the website content with targeted keywords that match the users’ search intent. ln parallel, it aims to provide a better overall user experience.
In a nutshell, On-Page SEO tactics focus on optimizing:
- Website copy
- Meta tags
- Internal links
- Page URLs
- Rich media
- User navigation
Why On-Page SEO is important
On-Page SEO is vital to your website performance because it aids search engine bots to crawl your website content more effectively. In addition, it assists in determining whether your page is relevant to the searchers’ queries, thus moving it up to the top of search engine results pages.
Working on your website’s On-Page SEO is crucial as it can help you rank on the SERPs’ top positions, supercharge your website traffic, generate more valuable leads and improve the overall user experience. In addition, it’s a great way to outperform your competitors and consequently skyrocket your online profits.
Best On-Page SEO tips for 2022
These 9+1 actionable On-Page SEO tips will help to get more organic traffic in 2022:
- Perform thorough SEO audit to identify harmful On-Page elements
- Build a comprehensive SEO content strategy that matches search intent
- Leverage SEO Copywriting to craft keyword-optimized website content
- Optimize URLs to include the targeted keyword and avoid stop words
- Inject your target keyword in the first paragraph of a web page content
- Use H1, H2 & H3 headings to organize content, enriched with keywords
- Add valuable rich media that improve readability and update alt-text with keywords
- Focus on building internal links that make users spend more time on your site
- Work on optimizing your website’s metadata (meta title, URLs, meta description, etc.)
Bonus Tip: Include a clean schema markup
Soar your organic traffic and boost your business revenues with comprehensive On-Page SEO services
FAQs about what is On-Page SEO
The most significant On-Page SEO components are:
- Keyword-optimized, original, and targetted website content
- Proper, skimmable content formatting with headings and subheadings
- Well-composed, short URLs that include the focus keyword
- Google Search Console
- Google Analytics
- Google PageSpeed Tools
- Screaming Frog
- Ahrefs SEO Toolbar
On-Page SEO focuses on optimizing your website’s elements to increase rankings, traffic, and conversions. In contrast to On-Page SEO, Off-Page SEO focuses on leveraging signals out of your website, such as backlinks from other sites and social media.